These are a great appetizer and oh-so-super easy. They cheat a little with the pizza dough, but that’s what makes them quick and easy.
-1 package classic Pillsbury pizza crust
-3 Tb butter, melted
-1 Tb olive oil
-Seasonings like marjoram, basil or Italian…or any combination thereof
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Unroll the pizza crust and cut slices of dough about 1 inch wide (this will make about 10 sticks).
2. Take the ends of a dough slice and squeeze them together, twist the dough. Place it on a baking sheet and repeat this for all the dough.
3. Mix the butter and oil together. Use a spoon to drizzle most of the mixture over the sticks (save some to put on the sticks after they are baked).
4. Dice up the garlic and sprinkle it over the sticks as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the seasonings over as well.
5. Bake for 11 minutes. When the timer goes off pull them out and turn off the oven. Sprinkle the cheese over and put them back in the OFF oven for two more minutes.
6. Pull them out, drizzle the rest of the butter/oil mix on them.
Serve as is, or with some warm marinara on the side!